Sewage Cleanup ServicesRochester, NY
Sewage Cleanup Services
Every time a faucet turns on and water goes down the drain; it flows into the local sewer system. This also goes for water from other sources such as the washing machine, showers, and toilets. Additionally, rainwater will also make its way to the sewers.
Sewage occurs when the wastewater contains hazardous contaminants such as bacteria and viruses. Any type of sewage backup can cause severe health reactions if not handled properly.
This is where Rock Environmental comes in. At Rock Environmental, we only send our fully licensed and IICRC technicians to handle any biohazard cleanup or sewage removal projects. If you are experiencing a sewage backup emergency, it is imperative to take action immediately. Our HAZWOPER 40 trained team can safely and effectively provide sewage cleanup services.
Our Sewage Cleanup Services
- Extraction of sewage water
- Immediate removal of contaminated, non-salvageable materials (fabric material, drywall)
- Cleaning and disinfection of non-porous materials (counters, cabinets)
- Restoration of salvageable items (furniture, upholstery)
- Fast drying with high powered fans and dehumidifiers
- Sanitization and Deodorizing of the affected space
Causes of Sewage Backup
Clogged Sewer Line
Imposing Tree Roots
Aging & Damaged Sewer Lines
Heavy Rainfall Amounts
Signs of a Sewage & Drain Problem
- Slow drain in sinks and tubs
- Sewage backup or overflow in kitchens and bathrooms
- Distinct sewer smell coming from drains
- Standing water around the sewer lines and other water supply lines
- Signs of water damage in the lower levels of your home or business
Category 3 Water Contamination
Fouled sewer lines can leak out sewage, a thick, dark substance that can cause serious health hazards. Sewage water can contain dangerous contaminants like pathogens, viruses, and bacteria, which can cause severe illness or death if ingested or if there is any contact.
Category 3 water is grossly contaminated and should be avoided. Examples include flooding from rivers or streams, water from beyond the toilet trap, water from the toilet bowl with feces, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
Sewer backups can be dangerous as they may contain harmful viruses, bacteria, and other microbes. These can cause severe illnesses and also cause property damage. Bacteria can contaminate your water, putting you at risk for diseases such as hepatitis A, giardia, and tetanus. Even clean water sources can become contaminated in standing water, for example, with E. Coli or Leptospirosis.
Our Sewage Cleanup Process
Our team follows all required EPA, OSHA, and IICRC standards when providing sewage cleanup services. Check out our process below.
- Inspection of biohazard area for health and safety. During the initial step, our team can identify the problematic areas as well as the severity of the sewage incident in the affected areas.
- Provide proper PPE to all of the Rock Environmental team members. This may include full-face respirators, body suits, rip-resistant gloves, and waterproof boots.
- Install protective barriers to ensure no cross-contamination into other home or business areas.
- Extraction of contaminated water. Our team uses high-powered water pumps and suction mats to remove standing water in areas. Depending on the severity of sewage damage, we may need to use shovels, buckets, heavy-duty bags, and biohazard containers to remove materials.
- Porous materials will be removed and disposed of according to EPA guidelines. Non-porous materials that can be salvaged will be transported to our secure facility for restoration. We use hospital-grade cleaning and disinfecting agents. If the items cannot be restored safely, they will also be disposed of properly.
- Using high-powered air movers, we will dry out the space and get rid of any excess waters. Experts in water damage restoration, we have access to top-rated products that get the area dried faster so we can restore your home or business quickly.
- Clean, disinfect, and deodorize the affected area. At Rock Environmental, we use the EPA registered SteraMist to safely and effectively restore your space. The mist can be applied in a matter of minutes and can effectively kill most any remaining bacteria or viruses.
- Depending on the location and the severity of the sewage emergency, we may have an industrial hygienist come to provide a clearance inspection of the space. This ensures the area has been cleaned and it is safe to return the site to its pre-damage condition.
- Complete any required restoration services. Restoration needs may include mold removal and replacement of walls or flooring.
- After the once-affected area has been restored, we will bring back the items we restored from our facility. Your home or business will be back to pre-loss conditions.
Choose Rock Environmental for Your Sewage Cleanup Today!
We are experts in sewage backup cleanup and can quickly attend to the mess, prevent mold, eliminate odor, and sanitize the damaged area. The sooner we get on the job, the better. Our team is IICRC certified, HAZWOPER 40 trained and has years of experience in sewage cleanup.
We are available 24 hours a day, every day…when you're looking for a certified restoration company, there is no need to look further. Just call Rock Environmental.