Top 41 Questions Asked About Coronavirus Disinfection
The most frequently asked questions about Coronavirus Disinfection
In this comprehensive post, we'll go over;
- Top Questions about Masks and Gloves
- Top Questions about Cleaners and Disinfectants
- Mold Removal Process
- Top Questions about Disinfecting Common Items
- Tops Questions about Coronavirus Cleaning at Home or Work
Top Questions about Coronavirus Disinfection
Coronavirus is still a hot topic around most of the world. People are continuously asking questions as new information is learned and released by government agencies.
At Rock Environmental in Rochester, NY we get asked questions all the time about Coronavirus cleaning and disinfecting. We decided to compile a list of the top 41 questions asked about Coronavirus cleaning and disinfection.
Take a look here, we even put them into sections to make it easier for you!
Gloves & Masks
1. Can I use hand sanitizers to clean disposable gloves?
Yes. Latex and Nitrile gloves are resistant to alcohol, the base in hand sanitizer.
2. How to sterilize latex gloves?
Fully submerge in a bucket of soapy water or with a mild detergent, let sit overnight. While wearing heavy rubber gloves, gently rub clean.
3. Can I wash and reuse nitrile gloves?
Yes, but only if they are a reusable kind.
4. How to use disposable gloves safely?
First, wash your hands. Put on gloves. When removing gloves, pull off with one gloved hand and while holding the glove, carefully remove the other glove so they are inside out within each other.
Avoid touching anything before disposing of it. Immediately wash your hands.
5. Do I recycle one-time-use latex gloves?
No, however, they are biodegradable.
6. Are latex gloves reusable?
Technically yes, but the CDC website states that gloves should be discarded after use when cleaning or disinfecting.
7. Can wearing masks stop the spread of the coronavirus?
Yes, when worn properly and also when practicing other measures of precaution. The Centers for Disease Control website can be a great resource for effective masks.
8. Can I clean my mask from SARS COV-2 by just ironing it?
No. Masks should be washed in detergent or disinfectants if reusable. Otherwise, properly discard them.
9. Can you reuse N95 masks?
Yes. Review the CDC website for reuse recommendations.
Cleaners & Disinfectants
10. Is alum useful against coronavirus for disinfection?
Alum has not been EPA registered or approved to be effective against Coronavirus.
11. Do the chemicals in Lysol kill the coronavirus?
Yes, Lysol disinfectant wipes and sprays have been approved by the EPA against Coronavirus.
12. Will Swiffer wet mop wipes kill Covid-19?
Yes, Swiffer wet mop disinfectant wipes and cloths have been approved by the EPA against Coronavirus.
13. Is Dettol spray effective against the coronavirus?
Dettol Spray has not been EPA registered or approved to be effective against Coronavirus.
14. Will Colin spray kill coronavirus?
No. Colin Spray is a cleaner that is only effective on germs, not viruses.
15. Will Windex kill the COVID-19 virus?
Windex Multisurface Disinfectant Cleaner can be used effectively on Coronavirus. Windex glass cleaners can not.
16. What is a Lysol alternative to kill viruses?
Other products effective against Coronavirus include Clorox and Seventh Generation disinfecting products.
17. Is household bleach effective against the coronavirus?
18. Does UV light kill the Coronavirus COVID-19?
Studies have shown that UV lights have killed airborne viruses and highly touched surfaces in public areas such as subways when not occupied.
19. What cleaners kill coronavirus?
This is the List N Tool of EPA-approved disinfectants that have been proven to be used effectively against Coronavirus.
20. What disinfectants kill the Covid 19 virus?
There are several disinfectants proven against the COVID-19 outbreak. You can review the List N Tool.
21. Can disinfectant spray kill the coronavirus?
Yes, if it has been approved by the EPA.
22. What sanitizers kill COVID-19?
Sanitizers made with 60% alcohol or more can be used against COVID-19.
Cleaning & Disinfection of Items
23. How to disinfect smartphones from coronavirus?
Use a disinfecting wipe made with 70% alcohol, or another EPA-approved Coronavirus disinfectant.
24. How do we sanitize fruit, removing any coronavirus?
While it is not necessary against Coronavirus, it can help prevent the spread of other germs. CDC guide for Fruit and Vegetable safety.
25. How to sanitize a parcel from the Coronavirus at home?
Spray with a disinfecting spray, take note the wet or damp package may affect the contents.
26. What is the best way to sterilize a smartphone?
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention recommends using a disinfecting wipe of 70% alcohol.
27. How long does the coronavirus last on a shopping cart?
Depending on conditions, it can last from hours to days without proper disinfection.
28. Can food or clothes be contaminated with Covid-19?
Yes and No. There is no proof food can be contaminated with Coronavirus. Clothing however is a porous surface and has been found to contain COVID-19 for up to 2 days.
29. Can you get coronavirus from an Amazon package?
Yes, however, it is unlikely.
30. Can the coronavirus live in fruits and vegetables?
There has been no known proof.
31. How to disinfect a car interior against Covid-19?
Disinfectant sprays proven against Coronavirus can be sprayed within the car. Soap and water or alcohol-based sanitizers can be used on hard surfaces.
32. Can coronaviruses survive on surfaces?
Yes, from a few hours to a few days.
Coronavirus Cleaning @ Home or Work
33. How to disinfect the houses of COVID-19 patients?
Wearing a mask and using gloves, clean and disinfect high-touch areas and items using an EPA-approved disinfectant.
34. How to keep your home clean and free from coronavirus?
Maintain a cleaning/disinfecting routine regularly.
35. How to disinfect my home against the coronavirus?
Using approved Coronavirus disinfectants following directions will help ensure disinfection of those items/surfaces.
36. How to disinfect a room, both air and surfaces?
Wearing a mask and using gloves, clean and disinfect high-touch areas and items using an EPA-approved disinfectant. Using an aerosol product or another disinfectant mist such as SteraMist will help disinfect surfaces and the air.
37. What is the normal rate for a COVID 19 cleaning?
Coronavirus cleaning rates vary depending on the solution used, the size of the space being disinfecting as well as how often.
38. Is there a difference between cleaning and disinfecting?
Yes. Cleaning removes dirt and grime while disinfecting kills germs and bacteria.
39. What Is the Best Office Disinfection to Fight Coronavirus?
SteraMist. Rock Environmental offers coronavirus cleaning services using the no-touch, 99.9999% effective solution against Coronavirus.
40. What is the importance of disinfection services?
Hiring a Coronavirus cleaning and disinfection company provides peace of mind ensuring your home or office is fully disinfected against Coronavirus.
41. What is commercial cleaning for Covid-19?
Commercial cleaning for COVID-19 is offered by Rock Environmental for businesses and facilities that are used by the public.
Rock Environmental has been in the fight against COVID-19 right from the beginning, and we never stop. The CDC, WHO, EPA, and other government agencies have been constantly changing regulations and guidelines.
Staying on top of the changes is crucial in the fight, and can be frustrating. This has been a long fight, but we’re in this together and we’ll never give up!
Share this Post